Do you want to save yourself from having to spend some money for a simple issue you can fix? We have some safe and easy tips for you on how to prevent sink and bathtub clogs and how to fix those clogs!
Prevent Sink and Bathtub Clogs
1. Do NOT pour oil or large food scraps in the sink. Use a drain strainer to keep those food scraps from going down the drain!
2. Use a hair trap for bathroom sinks and tubs! We lose 60 to 100 hairs a day so be sure they are not going down your drain, so you don’t have to deal with a mess later!
3. Run warm water after each use. Allow warm water to run down the drain for about 30 seconds! Do not use boiling hot water… this can be too hot for a drain!
Fixing Sink and Bathtub Clogs:
1. For a slow drain, mix baking soda and white vinegar using a 4:1 ratio. 1-part baking soda, 4 parts white vinegar and then let it sit for a couple of hours for the best results. After a couple of hours, flush it down with hot water!
2. A plunger can be a quick solution when fixing clogged sinks! There are plungers designed for a clogged bathtub drain, shower, or sink!